Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,745   Online: 866

Shooter
    Medium Format

Is it ok talking about ART 300 scanning?

If so, I am looking for advices because the scan from this paper looks terrible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've made a print and used an analog route. so fine. It's necessary to scan to post images here.

Unfortunately some papers don't scan well, Glossy RC papers scan very well, pearl not sowell and the same goes for Fibre based papers. I've noy used Art 300 but I'd expect it to be worst of all.

Try re-photographing your prints using careful lighting.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    You've made a print and used an analog route. so fine. It's necessary to scan to post images here.

Unfortunately some papers don't scan well, Glossy RC papers scan very well, pearl not sowell and the same goes for Fibre based papers. I've noy used Art 300 but I'd expect it to be worst of all.

Try re-photographing your prints using careful lighting.

Ian
    I didn't think about taking the photo of the print...

I will try. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't found a great way to accurately scan Art300, yet. I'm also not really trying that hard because my only goal with them is to share them here, not to reproduce them from the scan. Photographing them might work, but you'll have to be really careful with the lighting to not get too much sheen showing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Same problem with platinum prints, etc. Re-photographing is a good idea.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin