Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,475   Online: 950

Shooter
    Medium Format

B&W reversal development

So I'm looking into developing movie film, Super 8 and 16mm. Does anyone know how different B&W reversal is from normal B&W negative processing? I do know reversal requires bleach, but does it need different developer and fix than negative?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes, but I've only done a bit of it.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/google.ph...=&ss=80j6400j2
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So would you recommend the D-19 developer or D94a? Also it seems that I'll have to be mixing a couple of the chemicals, any recommendations on where to purchase the base chemicals?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No. no need to reinvent the wheel here. follow one of the published methods. ilford has a pdf on the subject as well. formulary, ebay, artcraft all sell chemicals.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Atari1977: I'd suggest using a silver halide solvent instead in the first developer. But that's just me. The name can be misleading since we use the solvent in such a small quantity that it serves the purpose of render all silver developable. I guarantee that it helps clearing the highlights really well. This can't be obtained with a common developer no matter how powerful. I personally use 1g per 35mm 36exp roll.
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 03-27-2013 at 11:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin