Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,968   Online: 740

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

developing times for agfa apx 400 with microphen

Hello, as usual i went to digitaltruth to find out the developing times. It states "11 minutes, 1+1 diluition".
    On the developer box it is written "19 minutes, 1+1 diluition".
    Any suggestion ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best place to look is Ilford's datasheet for powder developers here. That matchesthe developer box and sounds about right.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll stick to 19 minutes. Thanks for the support. I'll also send a message to digitaltruth suggesting to update their database

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just to let you know. I was sure i had a APX 400. Shot the entire roll at this speed, then developed it for 19 minutes (microphen 1+1) as you guys and ilford datasheet suggested. When i saw the roll i noticed it was a APX 100 ISO. The strange thing is that it looks wonderful....

Shooter
    35mm

developing times for agfa apx 400 with microphen

I did a similar thing, with a different film/dev combo, but the result was a collection of very grainy, high contrast images which looked great. I think you have effectively push-processed your film by two stops. A happy accident! Alex

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin