Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,600   Online: 1184

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Amazon Order TMAX 400

Just received an order of T-Max 400 from Amazon. Looks like they sent next day air which scares me a little. Their customer service rep said they do not x-ray these items, i find that hard to believe in this day and age.
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Steve
    Last edited by ishutteratthethought; 04-01-2013 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Isn't the air security x-rays only causing problems for high speed film, ie. 3200 etc. ? At least this is what I keep hearing on the airports both here in Europe and in the US.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately i had a number of rolls scorched when I had my TMY II checked with my luggage last August. You can still get images however they were milky from being scorched.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most likely Amazon uses one of the air freight services. Given the huge volume of shipments through air freight, I doubt X-ray examination of everything would be practical.

The situation with passenger flights is different.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd never put film in check-in luggage. I did recently travel with TMY400 in both 35mm and 4x5 sheets. TSA X-rayed it three times (carry-on) and after dev the densitometer showed absolutely no fog
    compared to my lab standard. Air freight does not have the same rules as passenger airlines.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Your tracking number/shipping info should allow you to get in touch with the right people to ask.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Your tracking number/shipping info should allow you to get in touch with the right people to ask.
    Yes I have done that, thanks for the input folks. The more I research the more I am thinking that the Amazon folks have it figured out.
    I am heading to the North Shore of Lake Superior on Thursday so we need good film!
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've ordered plenty of tmy2 through amazon. Never a problem. A shame they have a 3-pro-pack limit for me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've ordered over 500 sheets of HP5+, FP4+, Portra 400, and Ektar 100, either from Amazon and Midwest or B and H, and not once had an issue. I'm in Germany, and it all comes form the states when I order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    Unfortunately i had a number of rolls scorched when I had my TMY II checked with my luggage last August. You can still get images however they were milky from being scorched.
    Putting film with checked baggage is a death knell. The scanners are orders of magnitude more powerful than those for carry-on luggage. Not even paper could make it through.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin