Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,065   Online: 909

Shooter
    Multi Format

HC-110 Developer/Replenish

I was just given a unopened blt of HC-110 Developer/Replenish. Can this be used by itself or does it need the developer? The instructions on the plastic bottle seems to say by itself but that does not make sense to me. I don't know that I want to get a new bottle just to use this replenisher, as I like D76.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak designed HC-110 to produce results as close to D-76 as possible. The intent was to have a developer that was familiar and convenient for machine processing with replenishment. I am sure that many on APUG would be glad to get the replenisher.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you were closer, I would be on my way over right now to "help you" with it.

You cannot use the replenisher on its own. It and a bottle of HC110 developer would give you a lot of film developing capacity.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think I will be using it. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I have used the replenisher in the same manner as the developer and had no problems with it. Give it a try.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I have used the replenisher in the same manner as the developer and had no problems with it. Give it a try.
    Do you mean mixing up just the replenisher with water to make a developer solution by itself?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Typically a replenisher has a composition very similar to the developer. Usually the amount of the developing agents is increased a bit and there is no bromide to compensate for its buildup in the replenished developer So a replenisher can be used as a developer. However the times might need a bit of adjustment. A bit of potassium bromide might also be added.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The concentration of the HC-110 replenisher appears to be different then the "plain" HC-110 concentrate - at least based on the convoluted replenishment instructions.

If you add one bottle of regular HC-110 to your inventory, and then use both in a replenishment routine, the two bottles together will develop a lot of film.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Developers intended for Photofinishing use are often suplied as "replenisher" and "Starter" the user mixes up a batch of replenisher, and then adds the "starter" to the mix. The starter has some Bromide and a few other things to ballance out the tank. (photofinishing is normaly done is processors that use several Gallons of developer.)

the tank is then replenished, and the starter is only used again if a significant volume of developer is replaced.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin