Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,025   Online: 1263

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HCA saves time and water, and helps ensure archival washing.

It isn't the only way to get an archival result, but it is one good way.

If you want to read lots of interesting information about washing film, including the role that HCA may play, you might want to read through this sticky thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/8...hing-test.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    HCA saves time and water, and helps ensure archival washing.

It isn't the only way to get an archival result, but it is one good way.

If you want to read lots of interesting information about washing film, including the role that HCA may play, you might want to read through this sticky thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/8...hing-test.html
    Thanks for the link, Matt! I'm using a hardening fixer (Kodafix), so it looks like HCA was a good idea, as I did get some slightly yellowish spots on my first rolls after 20 minutes of washing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    You just wasted a little. Personally I always thought hypo killers were snake oil.
    They're not snake oil. Use them, and you can use a shorter wash. Don't use them, and you need to use a longer wash. That's all there is.

They are of minimal utility if you use an alkaline fixing bath, but few people use one (and not many more are even that familiar with them). With acid fixes, they save a lot of time and water.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin