Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,902   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you learn something confidential through your employment you cannot disclose it unless you have express consent to do so.

It doesn't matter if the employer is no longer using the information - they still own it.

The employee can never disclose the information without consent because the information doesn't belong to the employee. Even if the employer is dissolved or goes into bankruptcy, the employee cannot disclose it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

stumped with this film developer

or it could have been written on a piece of paper and accidentally misplaced haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny you say that. PE has said he had the name of the compound written on a piece of paper. As others have stated, the information belongs to Kodak so he could not disclose it.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway, Stone. Microdol-X was not a magical developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Definitely good stuff, don't get me wrong. For a while I used a lot of Perceptol (which is either identical or nearly the same as Microdol) with TMX and Ilford Delta 100. One of the nice things about these D23-based developers is how dead consistent they are. The long development times at the 1+3 dilution (especially with TMX) also helped consistency.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Microdol-X may have contained a chemical to prevent sludging. This is a common problem with high solvent developers with re-use.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 04-11-2013 at 10:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    The exact formula for Microdol (Perceptol is assumed to be very similar if not identical) is proprietary, but is generally assumed to be:

5g/L Metol
    100g/L Sodium Sulfite
    ~30g/L Sodium Chloride

Microdol-X contained at least one additional ingredient - an anti-silvering/anti-plating agent which may or may not improve sharpness by inhibiting physical development. The ingredient is a trade secret. Anchell/Troop guess at it being a relatively weak agent, while others claim it is a Mercaptan. Who knows? PE does. But he can't disclose it.

I can't help with your Autofine questions, other than to say it is unlikely Hydroquinone is the only developing agent unless it is a highly alkaline developer, otherwise it wouldn't work.
    Interesting that Microdol-X's true formula is not available. It makes me wonder how Freestyle can in good conscience sell their knockoff, LegacyPro Mic-X as a replacement for Microdol-X.

Maybe they know something we don't? If they don't know the formula, how can they produce a substitute?
    Pentax MZ-S, Calumet 4x5 Monorail

Favorite Films: Foma 100, Acros 100, Delta 400, Portra 400.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin