Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,022   Online: 1099

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I also want to read that Kodak history book that the APUGer wrote but I don't want to buy/own it, maybe we can start a share/pass along and all learn more
    You really should try to get yourself a copy of Robert Shanebrook's book because I doubt that anything like it, particularly the photos, could ever be done again owing to a lack of extant colour film coating facilities. As we here know, film, particularly colour film, is a product of sophisticated chemistry and precision engineering - this book illustrates that point better than any other I've read. OzJohn

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak dismatling an unused film coating building

Quote Originally Posted by OzJohn View Post
    You really should try to get yourself a copy of Robert Shanebrook's book because I doubt that anything like it, particularly the photos, could ever be done again owing to a lack of extant colour film coating facilities. As we here know, film, particularly colour film, is a product of sophisticated chemistry and precision engineering - this book illustrates that point better than any other I've read. OzJohn
    Well want to lend me your copy?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mr. Shanebrook deserves fair compensation for his creation, as do we all. Send him the asking price, and he'll send you a copy. It's a win-win proposition. I did it. And I actually think I came out ahead in the transaction.

It's a really good book. And the best come-back I know to anyone who says that modern film is old-school and low-tech.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak dismatling an unused film coating building

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Mr. Shanebrook deserves fair compensation for his creation, as do we all. Send him the asking price, and he'll send you a copy. It's a win-win proposition. I did it. And I actually think I came out ahead in the transaction.

It's a really good book. And the best come-back I know to anyone who says that modern film is old-school and low-tech.

Ken
    Oh it's not that I don't think he deserves his due return for the investment, as a photographer I totally understand that part, it's more that I can't justify spending the cash at this time when I have 20 rolls of undeveloped color film in my fridge because I can't afford to develop it yet... Lol

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin