Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,476   Posts: 1,570,996   Online: 891

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Too bad you threw it out. Rolls like this are good for ripening freshly mixed Diafine or a PPD dev.
    Why would you "ripen" Diafine? I've never seen any difference in it from the day I mix it until it starts to eventually deteriorate from use, which it does in spite of claims, but not for a long time and a lot of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roger, to be honest, because I read it here. I don't remember who suggested it, but it was a longtime member & Diafine user who suggested that. I'll see if it's in my notes somewhere.
    Last edited by jim appleyard; 08-28-2013 at 04:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok. Just curious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's something to do with adding some Bromine to the soup. I'm not a chem nut, but maybe one of them will see this and explain it like I can't. Meanwhile, I'll see if I can find it in my notes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    didnt even know there was a 120 version at 100. I know they have a 400. the 35mm 100 is actually a good film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    didnt even know there was a 120 version at 100. I know they have a 400. the 35mm 100 is actually a good film
    I haven't tried the 400 120 film, but bought a bulk roll of 35mm ISO 100 and it's really very good stuff. I'm more than happy with it and find no flaws at all, but this ISO 100 120 film is the pits. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    are you talking about the 100 ultrafine plus? there is no 100 in 120 extreme on their site. yes the 100 120 plus is not a good film.

i have a few rolls of the 400 xtreme in 120 but haven't tried it yet. might shoot it this weekend to try it out

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, it's Ultrafine Plus and I don't see any pluses to it. I think they would be wise to have a "fire sale" on this stuff. Like, buy 5 rolls and get 20 rolls free. The sooner this stuff is gone, the better. I also think they should add to their description of this film to let people know about the odd pattern in the denser areas, but of course that would be the right thing to do and hurts the profits. Plus, they then would surely have to have a fire sale. It's just my opinion, but I think this is older stock that may have been store in a slightly humid environment. You know, like southern China! JohnW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As has been said before stick to the real film, Ilford , Kodak, Fuji. I made the mistake one time and tried a "cheap" film. TOTAL disaster.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Marks View Post
    As has been said before stick to the real film, Ilford , Kodak, Fuji. I made the mistake one time and tried a "cheap" film. TOTAL disaster.
    I agree, but I have and still do buy old roll film cameras and need cheap film to run test from time to time. This fits the bill as far as the "Cheap" part goes. JohnW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin