Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,121   Online: 931

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm

I was tempted

I was tempted to try the Barry Thorton products after I first became aware of them. He passed away shortly afterwards.

I have been using Pyrocat HD. In using it with VC papers, I find that though my negatives have very nice sharpness they were grainier than I preferred in 35mm if I exceeded 6.67X enlargement . I am now trying reduced development time aiming at grade 4 when using Forte Elengance. This should substantially reduce the development time and grain emphasis because the grade 4 paper will not see the stain as a contrast enhancing rather than reducing agent. Additionally, I had purchased at a bargain price 6 11X14 50 sheet boxes of the grade 4 Fort Elengance at a very nice price and I need a good use for it. What nice print color the Forte paper has. The prints are being made on a Durst floor standing condenser enlarger.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Just goes to show - one man's meat is another man's poison. I know some people who won't touch DiXactol and others who love it to pieces. That's what makes the world go round. If it works for you, that's all that matters. Not everyone wants to mix their own chemistry, either. Anyway, Barry's products will soon be available through Photographers Formulary in the USA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hogan
    Anyway, Barry's products will soon be available through Photographers Formulary in the USA.
    Peter, I'm glad you were able to hook up with Photo Formulary. They do an excellent job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin