Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,463   Online: 757

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..send film in or not, I could care less. I don't make 100% of my living processing film.
    It's beyond my comprehension why some who post here turn a suggestion into a boner.

Process the film your-self as a positive, it's still the best result for the film today.
    ..is that the answer you wanted to hear... Bill..?
    If you were meaning to send in film and never did, perhaps now you lost that opportunity..

regards.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    "I have found the best processing option for TP are positives."
    I would too if that's how I made my living
    I still have yet to send you guys some film. Been meaning to do it for years.

Here's how I've been doing it.
    25asa (sheet film)
    2 minutes presoak
    68 degrees
    rodinal 1:100 in jobo expert drum speed 3 for 5-6 minutes depending on the contrast range
    I print with chromega heads on vc paper. The results blow my mind every time.
    Last edited by dr5chrome; 04-21-2013 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did I not post helpful information that actually answers the op's question rather than suggesting something else which benefits my own business?
    Are you making a lot of prints from slides in your darkroom?
    I was joking that's why there's a smiley at the end. Yes, I actually have been meaning to send film in. I'll make sure to recommend dr5 to anyone who can figure out what planet your website is from.
    Last edited by wildbill; 04-21-2013 at 07:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    At the risk of going off topic, I use PMK-pyro for Tech Pan with a bleach presoak to make the TP a continuous tone film.

Expose TP for an ISO of 40

bleach (stock solution)
    5g Potassium Ferricyanide
    3g Potassium Bromide
    1 Liter water

for use 5ml of bleach stock in 1 liter of water Pre-soak 5:00
    PMK-Pyro Diluted 1:1:100 Develop 8:30
    rinse :30
    Rapid fix 5:00
    Hypo Clear :30
    Wash tbd

Givers really nice printing negs with good seperation

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin