Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,714   Online: 800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yeh!! - new stuff to play with!

After a year sticking to one developer (LC29) and standard RC paper and ilford chems, I had a little bonus at work and have splashed out on an order at Silverprint - I think I'm ready to try a few new things. I now have lith developer, DDX, Perceptol, warmtone paper, warmtone paper developer, Slavich paper, Selenium Toner to play with (plus a couple of bricks of Delta and FP4). Should keep me busy for a while!. Have to be slightly careful though as I do get the occasional criticism from OH that I spend too much time "locked away".

I am sure there are 1000s of recommendations about other things to try out, and at this stage I'm not really looking for answers to anything, just sayin' where I'm up to, that's all!

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations and have fun and also thank you for supporting the photographic industry. We all depend on it.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have fun! Nice to get a bonus to spend on things that are fun! Way to go.

I'm waiting for the stars to align so that I can get the following done:
    1. Get my Leitz V35 fixed by Leica.
    2. Get my Pentax Spotmatic fixed after the TSA wrecked it while inspecting the bag I checked on a flight to Sweden earlier this year.
    3. Get the electrician into my darkroom to pull new power lines so that I can install a heater under each tray to get chemicals up to temp. (my basement/darkroom is only about 45*F/6*C in the winter).
    4. Get a 16x20 print washer.
    5. Purchase some more 11x14 paper and some more Moersch carbon toner.

That is all. I'm guessing it will take me about a year's worth of savings to acquire, but some day I'll get there. Dreaming is important too.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How did they wreck your Pentax?? Damn that sucks. I'd be angry as hell.

I thought your V35 was working. Did something go wrong or do you just want it overhauled/tuned up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    How did they wreck your Pentax?? Damn that sucks. I'd be angry as hell.

I thought your V35 was working. Did something go wrong or do you just want it overhauled/tuned up?
    Sorry to OP for invading the thread...

I had the Spotmatic packed in my checked luggage, and it was packaged in a padded bag in the middle of everything. When I opened up the bag again they had put the padded bag near the edge of the bag, and it got squished somehow, because the shutter release mechanism was basically torn off, and the top of the camera was dented.

The V35 I am using belongs to a friend, and I need to give it back after my own has been fixed.

It's all just a matter of being able to finance the repairs.

Now let's get back to spending bonuses on having fun! Much more fun to talk about.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Have to be slightly careful though as I do get the occasional criticism from OH that I spend too much time "locked away".
    Which would she prefer. You being locked away at her majesties pleasure in HMP Garth, or in a room upstairs where she can call on you at any time to do household chores ?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Congrats Mr Rusty on your great review at work and for having such a nice haul of supplies to create art with! I look forward to your findings re what you bought.
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Which would she prefer. You being locked away at her majesties pleasure in HMP Garth, or in a room upstairs where she can call on you at any time to do household chores ?
    Ha Ha! either good research or lucky guess - I am only 2 miles from Garth! Actually, my dark room is in the garage where my office also is. OH calls it my "grotto" because she thinks it's full of grot (man stuff). Joking apart, it's only if I shut myself away all weekend I get some comments!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get mild shit from dear wife for darkroom work too. So I spend friday evening watching a movie off netflix/dvd/broadcast tv with her.

I also have a little stop watch timer that I covertly ran for every minute I found her on facebook when we are both around the house in the morning and evening for a week we did not have goings out after work.

Well at the end of the week the timer said I had logged her on that site or email for more than 9 hours.

I gently brought my activities to her attention, and pointed out that was more from me than two full nights in the darkroom would total.

When she is on facebook chatting things up she does not hear the rest of the world, which is no different than me being in my ubber cave off of the usual man cave.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm

Yeh!! - new stuff to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I get mild shit from dear wife for darkroom work too. So I spend friday evening watching a movie off netflix/dvd/broadcast tv with her.

I also have a little stop watch timer that I covertly ran for every minute I found her on facebook when we are both around the house in the morning and evening for a week we did not have goings out after work.

Well at the end of the week the timer said I had logged her on that site or email for more than 9 hours.

I gently brought my activities to her attention, and pointed out that was more from me than two full nights in the darkroom would total.

When she is on facebook chatting things up she does not hear the rest of the world, which is no different than me being in my ubber cave off of the usual man cave.
    This made me laugh! You are not alone. Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin