Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,862   Online: 960

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks pentaxuser, I buy from the european ebays. I can have a safe light for free, I have to go were I got the paper, the old and unused photo lab of my department course. There are still several amber bulbs and two amber safe lights housings.
    Funny thing, I loaded int o the holder and processed two sheets of harman direct positive paper with my "not safe light" and it did not get foged. Or it did, but I can not notice in the photo.
    Thank you all!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rhodes,

I'm sorry to hear that some of your paper was fogged. At least you now know what's causing your safelight problem. I'd suggest that you also test any safelight you obtain (especially a free one) in the same way before trusting good paper to it. Some papers may not be safe under amber safelights; the instructions will usually give the manufacturer's safelight recommendations.

I haven't tried the Harman Positive paper, but it may be less sensitive to certain wavelengths of light than ordinary papers. Any fogging will show up as a reduction in contrast starting in the highlights. In fact, Harman says it's a very contrasty product and should be pre-flashed before some uses; this could be the reason you saw no fogging on it. That's a guess and I could be wrong.

Best of luck,
    kevs
    testing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin