Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,469   Online: 1111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No prob HTF, glad to provide some aid in your search. The market of graded cold tone paper is next to nil and am happy to aid. A coupla comments, 1) Laser Reflections sources from Geola (in Lithuania who then buy from Slavich directly). Laser Reflections can source whatever Geola gets, which per Geola's site below are those sizes I cited. The cost is competitive to say Ilford MGIV FB, so I find it worth it because the tone is so cold, I sure love the matte single weight FB smooth Slavich Unibrom:

http://materials.geola.lt/index.php/...aper-pricelist

Last, I completely agree regarding that photo makers should have a swatch book for us to use to check out their papers, check out what I found in my box of fun things, an old Agfa swatch book from the 70's....if only we could figure out how to make that time machine and get some stacks of Brovira!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HTF III View Post
    Boy, this photographic supply market is getting mighty sparse.
    Part of the problem you are experiencing is due to the fact that in some ways the photographic supply market has improved.

Variable contrast papers have improved greatly since Kodabromide was "king". As a result, the selection of graded papers has been reduced.

The same is true for RC papers.

And while I can appreciate why you like single weight papers for certain purposes, I am glad I don't have to choose them.

YMMV
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin