Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,694   Online: 736

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I always ask for a hand inspection. That takes an extra 2-5 minutes in the few dozen times I've had it done at airports big and small.
    The hand inspection takes 2-5 minutes. The "special search" of everything else is what takes the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Tripod goes in my suitcase in the belly of the plane.
    If you entrust a tripod to luggage handling equipment you're braver than I? May I ask what sort of case you put it in?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always asked for a hand inspection kindly and treated those idiots with respect. Only once have I been told "I don't go by those rules!" at LAX. Tripod goes in a hard suitcase with my clothes I slide it into a leg of my fleece pants and pack undies/shirts around it. Head removed, goes in carry on.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Benveniste,

I have a well and septic and never put chemicals down the drain. I drop them off at a household waste disposal place in Chicago (there are closer ones to me, but I like a restaurant near there). If you have a friend in Boston, they can drop it off for you here.

Neal Wydra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin