Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,885   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    very cool!

(I have some VERY old 18x24 glass negatives from Ilford... Anyone know how old?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18x24-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    And you still print, right?
    Actually, I have advanced to cursive.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    (I have some VERY old 18x24 glass negatives from Ilford... Anyone know how old?)
    At a guess, around 1923 to 1926. Perhaps a note to Simon with the batch number would elicit further information

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    very cool!

Did your plates still have their instruction page enclosed? There should be something like C.37 or whatever down in the bottom corner. The letter of the alphabet is indicative of the month A=January, B=February, C=March, etc., and 37 would be shorthand for the year 1937.

Maurice Fisher's site "Photographic Memorabilia", mentioned in the article Simon linked to, has a listing of Ilford's History and Chronology here and, just beneath the introduction there are examples of the various logos used by Ilford on their products. I couldn't make out enough details in the image you've posted - check the flag, the cloud formation and how the sky is shaded to see if you can find a match amongst those shown.
    Hope that helps! I've been in contact with Maurice in the past and made a great deal of use of his site as a point of reference and he's extraordinarily helpful and a lovely human being.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    At a guess, around 1923 to 1926. Perhaps a note to Simon with the batch number would elicit further information
    Could we avail of the usual Ilford customer service in case of an emulsion issue with those, or have we just missed out on the warranty? It happens to me all the time.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin