Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,500   Online: 923

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Oriental VC

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kintatsu View Post
    It sounds like the way I did it wouldn't give accurate results, so I was wasting my time!
    I did something similar to what you suggested, using 2 coins with half covered, out for 15 minutes, and could detect with my eyes no fog on the Ilford. I didn't test the Foma, as I have very little left from the 25 sheet pack.

Shooter
    35mm
    That sounds like your safelight is fine for the Ilford, but remember the Foma paper has a slightly wider sensitivity than the Ilford so it might possibly be a little more affected, as mentioned on the instruction sheet in the packet. At least any huge light-leak problems are probably ruled out

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    After printing my box of Oriental, I can honestly say it is a very nice paper. I like the darks, and the way the blacks seem to be darker than black! Very nice for what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks to all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just printed today on the Seagull VC FIber glossy. Ran it in the new Compard Neutol NE at 1:7, and WOW! Lovely print color, rich tonality.

Shooter
    35mm
    kintatsu, glad you enjoyed your experience with Oriental VC. I've had the same experience and I've used it...well, forever. Love the contrast, the black density, contrast, and the "snap" of the paper. Used primarily with Ilford chemicals but all chems seem to work well with it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, indeed. I am waiting for the opportunity to get some more, as I'm all out of paper at the moment. Can't wait!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin