Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,187   Online: 1179

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I have all three formats... 35mm old manual Nikons, brought down two backs, one with velvia 50 in it the other portra. Then a new, for me RB67, MF... with two backs.. Provia 100, and TrX 400, and last not least, a '46', (orphan) 3x4 Anniversary Speed, that I used that night, with Efke 100 in it.

I love the three formats, the 35mm with a macro lens on it for flowers, (also have standard 50mm, and 80-200) the MF which is becoming a mainstay, for landscapes and anything else, and the Speed for B&W.

Ain't life grand.. ;-)
    All manual, the Nikons backs do have good meters in them, the rest get an 'ole but goody, Weston Ranger 9 light meter, that I modified to take modern batteries, for a reading when necessary

So what's a little darkness, or light within it, that didn't get exposed correctly. Sounds like photography. ;-)
    Will do it again.

Soooooooo ya mentioned earlier in this thread
    "I've been wanting to experiment with similar things."
    Your close to Bandelier, that faces north doesn't it? Ha a new moon will be rising soon to but some shadows on the ruins, and with the sky above... hmmm...

You just made me an idea, maybe will make that our first stop. ;-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The only problem with Bandelier is that they are recessed deep in canyons. Some of the more interesting spots would be Abo and the other Salinas ruins. Those would do well in the foreground. The Chaco outliers are good for that too. When are you heading out this way?
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something doesn't sound right.

What film were you using? Color or B&W? Did you process the film yourself? Were stars visible?

Quote Originally Posted by peter k. View Post
    UPDATE:-
    Ok for what its worth... first night was very windy, so set up most sturdy tripod with weights.
    Exposed three shots... Since they where single shots, have only developed the two longest ones.. of over 2 hours each, at f5.6...
    Ha... both negatives clear as a whistle.. no image, ... yes, I took the dark slide out... (in fact put it under the water bottle to keep it from being blown away)
    Doesn't make sense, two hours +.. heard the shutter click open, when I pressed on the cable release, and it locked the shutter open, and yes, heard it close when I released it later.
    The first of the three negatives, which I did not develop, was exposed only for 14min, as suddenly behind me, hear a helicopter coming. Someone east of the Superstitions, must have needed help.. for you could see it near the horizon, way out there, with its lights flashing. So since it was early, 9:00pm+ went to bed and got up an hour later and started the second shot of the three.

Whats interesting, I'm not disappointed.
    I'm going to try again, on another camping trip, into northern New Mexico, later this month. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&W Efke 100 in the 3x4 '46' Anniversary Speed Graphic, with a 135mm lens, that is well proven.

Although I never set a T shot before with it. But earlier in day light, I made sure the shutter was opening correctly and closing, in this position with the cable release.
    Also, although its was windy, before I tried the third shot, made sure the camera had not been jostled, by viewing through the view finder.
    My thoughts, although there where stars out, with the wind, and being on the east side of Phoenix, there might have been more dust in the air than realized, and that could have been the contributing factor, with the glow of Phoenix to the west, milking out the contrast of the starts and the night. Having looked at a star studded sky's before, the milky way, and the fainter stars, where just not as much pronounced. But I was there and wanted to give it a try.

Processed the film myself.. in 1:1 D76 for 9 and a half minutes.
    Unlike MF or 35 mm film, there are no, what I call 'tell tales', on sheet film.
    The film and number ect... but on this particular set of film backs, there are notches, in the side slide area, that when exposed, show you which shot it was. These also did not show. So its as if there just was not enough light, to expose at f5.6.
    As I related, I heard the shutter open, and heard it close two plus hours later.
    As I also understand, a fully clear negative, indicates, that the film was not exposed.
    When I try it again, hopefully, it will not be so windy, and I can try to set ups, with say the speed and the RB67, using B&W in both, for the first efforts.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If I recall correctly, Efke 100 has poor reciprocity characteristics. Somewhere in the range of 5m = 90m or crazy like that. That might be the problem. I'd try some Ilford and Fuji first (fuji being the best, but most expensive and only in 4x5)
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the Efke 100 sheet film data from: http://www.fotoimpex.de/Technik/efke...0/efke100.html
    --------------------------------------
    Ab einer Sekunde sollte nach der folgenden Tabelle verlängert werden.

1/2 Sek. keine Verlängerung notwendig

1 Sek. plus 1/6 Blende (1,2x)

10 Sek. plus 1/3 Blende oder Zeit mal (1.3x)

100 Sek plus 2/3 Blende oder Zeit mal (1.5x)

Diese Werte sind Startwerte für den ersten Versuch.

Je nach Aufnahmebedingungen können auch höhere Werte nötig sein !

Diese Werte wurden unter “optimalen” Bedingungen ermittelt und sind verglichen mit anderen Filmen extrem niedrig (fast kein Schwarzschildverhalten messbar). Dennoch kann es notwendig sein von diesen Werten abweichende Belichtungszeiten anzuwenden.

Nach unseren Tests ist keine Veränderung der Entwicklung notwendig !
    --------------------------------------
    A tester on the f:295 website found that his tests matched the published data reasonably well.

http://www.f295.org/main/showthread....ke+reciprocity

This works out to a Schwarzschild exponent of around 0.90, not bad reciprocity performance at all, and the attached graph should be a reasonable starting place.

Lee

P.S. don't know why the German uses the decimal period in two places and the decimal comma in one, but the meaning is clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails efke100plfromschwarzschild.png  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin