Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 732

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Arista.edu Ultra 400 in 4x5

I noticed that Freestyle has Arista.edu Ultra 400 film in 4x5. Having read that this is actually rebranded Fomapan, I went to Foma's website to download the film stats. However, their site (http://www.fomausa.com) states that the 400 speed film isn't available in 4x5. Is their website out of date, have they stopped producing it in 4x5, or is this film actually someone else's product?

Thanks,

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Couldn't tell you if they've stopped making it in 4x5, but I have shot the Freestyle edu ultra in 4x5, still have some in my freezer, and it IS definitely Fomapan 400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The pdf says the film is made in the Czech Republic; that narrows it down to Foma.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it is Forma 400 cut to order for Freestyle, I used the recommended development times for D76 for Forma 400 was spot on.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the information. I am just getting into 4x5 and was going to go develop a personal EI for Arista.edu 400, but it seems like it may be safer to go with HP5 or something else more readily available.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin