Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,816   Online: 989

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    What Thomas Bertilson has said really. I have used the Kodak Xtol times for Neopan 1600 at EI 1600 and didn't find my negs thin. Try a print from your negs. Let us know how it goes. Do you get a sparkling print at say grade 3/3.5?

Unless you have used this combo of Xtol and Neopan 1600 before and are experienced with it then try printing and see what you get.

If I had to make any comment about what you did, I'd say that you should maybe try 8-10 initial agitations which will take more than 10 secs and then at least 3 agitations every 30 seconds. One inversion every 30 secs might not be enough BUT until you do Thomas' tests and then try printing you won't know what changes to make.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to be the broken record here, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Too little contrast? Develop longer.
    Too little shadow detail? Expose more.
    Repeat until you have results that work for you.
    All my times are a bit over the MDC times, they are (like all published times) to get one in the ballpark.

I've used a lot of Neopan 1600, I found it at 800 to be its best, 1250 was the upper limit I could get acceptable prints out of it. And it gets contrasty fast, so careful testing is needed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently shot Neopan 1600@800 with Xtol 1:1 for 6.5 minutes with Jobo continuous rotation. i was happy with the results. Iso 640 perhaps might have been better.

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems the OP is judging his negs by look and not by performance at producing the print but having said that, then if 6.5 mins is OK with continuous rotation at the same EI as the OP uses then it suggests that his 7 mins with 10 secs agitation at the start and only one inversion every 30 secs by comparison may not be enough as I said.

Of course he has to act on what we have said.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin