Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,177   Online: 965

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Substituting AMP-95 for TEA in PC-TEA?

Hello all,

I'm trying to make up a batch of PC-TEA here in Brazil. Phenidone and Ascorbic Acid were easy to find, but it turns out I need an special Army authorization to purchase TEA. Someone suggested I use AMP-95 to replace TEA.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you substitute AMP-95 for the TEA then the pH of the resulting developer solution would be too high. For comparison the pH of a 0.1M solution of the two amines is given as 10.5 for TEA and 11.3 for AMP-95. The developer would have to be reformulated using less AMP-95. I would suggest switching to PC-glycol.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 05-02-2013 at 11:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Gerald,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have started a process to obtain a free sample of AMP-95.
    I'll give it a try and report back.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin