Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,254   Online: 826

Shooter
    Large Format

pls post examples of 10x8 or 5x4 tri-x in diafine

Hi

I am looking for a fast 10x8 film for an available light sports project
    direct sun so contrasty lighting
    fast action so lots of stop to have any hope of getting good focus and fast (1/400) shutter to try and freeze the action

I was thinking tri-x txp 320 in diafine at 1200 asa might fit the bill

anybody got any txp 320 sheet in diafine examples to share Ideally people in sunlight

also open to other films if anybody has a better idea

thanks

robin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think HP5+ would work better at higher exposure index than TXP. For example, if you do reverse processing via Dr.5, normal speed of HP5+ is 1,000. I've found that shooting HP5+ at 800 is a good 'standard contrast' EI and that film really comes alive.
    From 800 in full day light it's a short stop to 1600 and some tricks come developing time with dilute developers and longer developing times, which helps develop those shadow values (assuming shadow detail is important to you).
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I would favor Tmax 400 in HC110 or TMax developer, at 1600 is more like 1 push, 3200 is passable if you dont mind loss of shadow detail. HP5 is good if you only want to by a box 25, Tmax and Trix are only sold in boxes of 50.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You may want to try the Diafine group on Flickr. I've seen excellent examples there.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I love TriX but, TXP320 in harsh sun is not going to be a good combination. As others have said, I think you'd be much better off with either TMY or HP5+ under these lighting conditions - especially if you're thinking of pushing to squeeze out another stop of speed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin