Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,292   Online: 1131

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oriental Paper

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My understanding from their website was that they make their own in Japan. They have quite a line up, given the times, so who knows what's made where and by whom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a small box of Ilford MG fiber based paper and I will print some negatives that seem to have the mottling. I will let everyone know the results.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not noticed any trouble with my glossy Oriental VC FB II. I use Polymax T. Did your bad paper all come from the same pack?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, from many boxes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to UPDATE this blog. I recently printed an image that did show mottling on Oriental paper and I used Ilford VC Fiber Based paper. BINGO! The mottling is gone!!! The Ilford paper is not as cold and does not have the same gloss but its so nice to have a clean look to the sky without any artifacts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin