Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,230   Online: 856

Shooter
    Large Format

new pods for old 8x10 polaroid

Hi

I have about 30 sheets of various 8x10 polaroid but the pods have totally dried up

Dose anybody know if the impossible project 8x10 pods will work with old polaroid ?

thanks

robin
    London

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No. It's a different technology. Your best bet is to try pods from FP-100C and FP-3000B and try those.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know the pods contained an alkaline agent that waas gelled. I am not sure of the developing agent was in the pod chemistry, or incorporated into the film itslef, and just needed the alkaaline reagent to activate it.

It might be worth a try of using a strong contrast fil developer, like D19, as a try as a dunk option. Expose an 8x10 to a test target, and then progressively lower the sheet into a tray at 15 second intervals to see if you get any sort of an image on any of the stripes of varied times.

I may be way off base, but I always like to experiment with expired films.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might want to try contacting 20x24 studios. They have a large supply of polaroid materials and might be able to sell you some pods.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin