Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,810   Online: 1194

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the forum!

My advice would be to NOT read too many varied tutorials. Actually forget any others, just stick to one and blinker yourself from second opinions and 'I do it this way' or 'I never had a problem with...' types of confusion.

The Ilford tutorial is imo the best for a beginner, it deals with easy to get chemicals and film, and is in words that can be printed off and used, unlike a video. When you are learning the basic's the discipline is more important than minor tweaks and varied opinions. So just stick to the basic's at first and you will have the understanding and grounding to go further sooner rather than later. And getting all of your mistakes done in a way that can be traced back to a source is a further advantage of sticking to one guide and workflow! It isn't difficult, processing your own B&W is easy even at the kitchen sink, so jump in and have a go.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As Steve indicated, the more you read as a beginner, the more likely you get confused. The disadvantage of the internet...

I had been shown the basic steps of b&w development once.
    From that on I developed all my films and from the 4th on I even did only bulk loading too.
    Without darkoom, without changing bag, without bulk film loader...

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the old days we used a thing referred to as the "Public library". They were small "islands of knowledge", and you could find information on Photography or just about any other Art or Craft.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's one that seems pretty good. http://www.flickr.com/groups/bwology...7623834927092/

But, having posted that, I think the Ilford link given earlier has everything you need, and the advice to follow one is probably sound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin