Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,687   Online: 880

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    A great clue just come up. I shoot a second roll today and when loading I normally cut the leader of the film. After loading the film and turning the lights on, I pick up the piece and say two brown marks, one in the same location and with the same shape.
    I think it is made by the film leader beeing rolled in the can and in contact with the lighttrap opening of the canister.
    Last edited by Rhodes; 05-21-2013 at 12:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aha! That might appear to fit the symptoms.

There is always an explanation -- but sometimes not from ordinary mortals!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, it won't. Then you had some metallic silver already before exposure. In the end that would give a higher density in the negative.

Though, if the darkening was not metallic silver, then one could argue about solarisation again due to hat preexposure, but theoretical reasoning speaks against this....
    Last edited by AgX; 05-21-2013 at 02:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    And Agx makes a turn in the plot! Just kiding, tomorrow I will try to take a photo of the leader and post here, so to one see!

Shooter
    35mm
    Here it is, sorry for the quality of the photo:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin