Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,860   Online: 995

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    1part developer to 9 parts water(100ml: 900ml)
    Thanks abunch! Thats what I thought but I think a typo got me confused

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow have fun and I hope you'll consider posting some results! We're all cheering you on!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Wow have fun and I hope you'll consider posting some results! We're all cheering you on!
    Sure thing, I'll make a huge post about when I'm finished.. Its going very well so far.. thanks for all your help.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to give you a quick synopsis of what happened at the art camp, and Im so sorry for taking this long to get back with you guys. You all were unbelievably helpful. The week was really stressful and long, but it the end it was a learning experience for everyone. In short,( as part of the pinhole section) we had the kids pose for the pinhole shots, while myself and the director exposed the paper in the cameras. They had tons of fun staying still for about 30 seconds, according to the lighting (which we conquered the hard way as we went). As far as in the darkroom goes, each group was taken in, explained the process as best as i could so that they could understand it in 2-3 minutes, and then they each helped out. Some held timers, some shook chemical trays(with gloves), and turned safe lights and contact lights on. They had a blast, most were really excited to see themselves start to appear in the picture and to be in such an atmosphere. Let me just say, after that week, I never want to smell fixer or vinegar again! I think I am still suffocating from the fumes I spent a RIDICULOUS amount of hours in that room, and I sincerely hope it was worth it. In the end, we got some really awesome shots and a TON of bad ones( for one group I think we took their picture at least 4 times ). Thanks to those who supported the camp by advice and actual materials, its dearly appreciated. The kids also enjoyed the section on lumen prints we did, it was a neat experience that produced some great works of art.

Most thankful,

Michael Griffith

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Michael,

It's great to hear the story including the stress and gory details. I know how hard it is to work with a group of kids from a scout meeting last night where we had several visiting boys and tried to do a game (guess 3 backpack weights) and an activity (make some gorp). Had a million ideas how I was going to show each backpack's contents, have them guess what they were missing, discuss the 10 essentials, figure the weight of specific things inside the backpack... all things that go into packing, but all those ideas went out the window after the kids got their gorp and prizes... time was up. And that was just ONE HOUR.

I can imagine the stress of your whole adventure... But at the same time I can't.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin