Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,631   Online: 854

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Maco Aura IR820C Infrared 4x5

Hi anyone out there has experience with this emulsion?
    tips are welcome I am looking to use it for some nudes and landscape in the 4x5 format with a Omega 45D
    Thanks
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have some, but it's been a long time since I shot the Aura film. My previous exposures were mostly overexposed.

I have been shooting mostly the precision emulsion (it has the anti-halation layer, whereas the aura film doesn't). I have found that with it, I am able to get the IR effect that I like using an 88A filter. An 87 filter also works, but I haven't gotten quite the effect I like with that filter.

I have a couple of rolls of 120 that I intend to shoot using the above two filters so I can get a better idea of how to expose them.
    Diane

Halak 41

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We've been through this before, haven't we?

I have used both IR 820c versions, in 4x5". There is no visible difference. When you think about it, the halation only extends fractions of a millimeter from a point of light. So "Aura" makes good sense in 35mm, less in 120, hardly any in 4x5".

I used a Lee IR filter, by the way.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin