Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,082   Online: 905

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    As stated above skylight and uv filters can help older lenses. The filters also cut the haze on distant objects. Take the same photographs with and without the filter and take good notes. You should see a difference for distance shots, you may see a difference on some of the rest. YMMV.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And just my very simple 2 cents: that haze on distant objects can be a good thing too, depending on what you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A skylight filter absorbs UV but also has a slight yellow/red cast which absorbs a small amount of visible violet, blue and a tiny amount of green vs a UV filter which is neutral. With B&W film the difference in colour is probably too small to have a meaningful effect but with colour film a skylight filter has a very slight warming effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One year I was touring Nova Scotia and it rained for 10 days because of a hurricane stalled off the coast. The only thing that saved the day was a CC 10R filter which warmed up colors.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin