Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,002   Online: 829

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I get water marks on negatives I soak them again in Wetting agent for a minute or so, shake the film and if it 120 I simply hang it up to dry, if it is 35mm I hang it up, take a sheet of kitchen towel folded and wipe the shiny side of the film, turn the folded towel over and wipe the film twice more, never get a drying mark and never get a scratch, whatever you do NEVER, NEVER,EVER WIPE THE EMULSION SIDE of the film with anything, fingers, towel as as sure as eggs are eggs you will get a scratch
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    What I usually do is to soak my film in weak acid (like stop bath) to losen the calcium content of the stain, then soak long time in filtere/distilled water.
    I was wondering whether a final swap/rinse in very dilute hydrochloric acid would do the trick, it would dissolve all the calcium and leave no residue by itself as it is a gas. Has anyone tried this?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    I was wondering whether a final swap/rinse in very dilute hydrochloric acid would do the trick, it would dissolve all the calcium and leave no residue by itself as it is a gas. Has anyone tried this?
    De-ionised water as a final rinse for 30 seconds will ensure no drying marks.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    If you have hard water marks washing in stop bath will usually remove them. Then wash as usual. I have hard to very hard water so I always do a final rinse in distilled water after washing. It costs something but it saves me a lot of grief with water marks. I would not try HCl as it might dissolve the hard water stain as well as damaging the gelatine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks
    Will try with a simple rinse/photoflo+distilled

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin