Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,709   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    127 Format
    Or you could take the camera to a dark bag and cut off the previously exposed film and develop it, leaving the rest of the roll to use at asa 100.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is usually preferable to use a faster film rather than to push a slow one. When you under-expose a film you lose shadow detail. Pushing also increases negative contrast because you extend development which can be a problem. Pushing is an perfect example of TANSTAAFL.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    I used the Nikon camera with 400 Delta. I actually rated that at 300 as previous testing with a densitometer suggested 320, but the N75 can only adjust film speed by half stops via exposure compensation. The Acros was the first roll of this film I had tried. I had bought it due to recomendations regarding its good reciprocity characteristics. I do a lot of night and low-light work. I then needed to use it when I had nothing else in stock, but a 400 speed film was required. I'll finish it at that speed and develop to the Massive Dev recomendation to see how it looks. I've stocked-up on plenty of Tri-X today to avoid this sort of dilema in future! I prefer to use 400 with the built-in flash as it seems to give better results. Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin