Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,724   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Frank Zappa would have,
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    I just want you to know someone understood that.

The Formulary are well-established and quite reputable; they come up a lot here and I don't remember hearing of anyone ever having a problem with them.

-NT

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have used their Ansco 130 and TF4 fixer with great happiness. For some things there are better sources, but for others, they are the best and/or only source. Shop around and compare, but do support them for what they do - they're supporting a niche market within a niche market and it's nice to have options! And they do have terrific customer service too - I ordered a Sawtooth Designs darkcloth, and when they realized that the size I ordered was out of stock and going to take an indeterminate length of time to come in, they sent me the larger size they had in stock at no extra charge. Great people.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have every intent to buy from Photographers Formulary. Always did, but was a bit concerned because usually when something seems to good to be true, it is. Seems that this company is the rare exception. I really appreciate the input. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    ...cubic zirconia encrusted tweezers...
    Just me an my pygmy pony
    Over by the dental floss bush!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tend to go to Artcarft as Mike is only 1 hour from me and I like to support a neighbor. However, Formulary has been good to do business with. They do tend to have things that others don't have.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use their TF4 fixer and will never use another one. It is fantastic. They also make my new all-the-time bw developer, TD3. I use it for stand developing every film from ei 12-400. They are reputable and will talk to you on the phone, answer your emails, etc. Great place. Keep them open!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should remember that they have many items not listed in their catalog that they are willing to sell. These are often items used in workshops that are left over and on the shelf for future use.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE,

Does your Liquidol developer offer any advances other than extended working life?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, longer working life is just one of many.

It keeps in an open tray with no significant change in quality up to 4x longer than Dektol, so that is your longer working life.

In addition, it has higher capacity than Dektol and so in a large run the first print is like the last print, so this is higher capacity without change in imaging.

It has good shelf life as a liquid concentrate even in partially used bottles. So, apart from working life it is stable on the shelf!

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    TF-5 is great fixer. PF 130 is excellent all purpose developer. Bulk chemicals & lab supplies are reasonably priced. Good people to do business with. As others have mentioned, I do also sometimes order their products thru another supplier, ie Freestyle, when I don't have enough items for a direct order.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin