Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,797   Online: 688

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marco and Thomas,

Many thanks for your advice and input. I now understand why one should tone to completion - I never considered that I might be diminishing the overall print density by not doing so. The straw colour which you mention is exactly what I am seeing and to be honest, I find it very beautiful. Since I am printing a mostly Art 300 these days and it apparently has the same emulsion as Ilford WT, I will try your suggestions of iterative bleaching and toning, lessening my bleaching times or using an even more dilute bleach solution.

Here is one of my images on Ilford WT, developed in Harman WT developer, FULLY bleached back and fully toned in Moersch MT3. It was a grossly over-exposed print which I thought I would use as a test. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It is deadly sharp, has an interesting tone and is wonderful to look at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-05-06_1_2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	69723

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I agree with Marco and Thomas about toning to completion

I also know of a lot of photographers **editorial/fashion** who would use a non completion tone as suggested , it does give a distinct hit of tone, but the prints would change over time.
    Many thanks Bob. I am very appreciative of your input. I should be printing this weekend and will revise and practice toning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin