Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,430   Online: 776

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Sprint Standard Film Developer?

Just found out the school I'm enrolled in supplies all the photo chemicals I need to do all my developing and darkroom work, which is awesome!

The problem is, it's all Sprint based products, which I have no experience with. I don't need to know anything like dilutions, but coming from a home darkroom, using water as a stop bath, I'm curious as to what I'm going to get with my results.

Also, which films pair particularly well with Sprint? I've noticed some decreased clumpiness with HP5+ grain, which might finally bring me over to it, but I'm curious as to all your opinions on it, thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    I used Sprint film and paper developer for years and never had any problems. I used it mostly with Tri x and Mitsubishi?, paper. I only stopped using it because the store that sold it went out of business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have used sprint film developer off and on since 1981, it is great-stuff !
    what films pair well ? i haven't put any film through it that hasn't looked good.
    i like how you can over develop and highlights won't block up.
    i have never used anything but sprint fixer, its high capacity and does not contain hardener ...

dilutions are pretty simple 1:9 for everything, but fixer with films it is 2:8 ( paper it is still 1:9 )
    not sure if you have seen their extended developing chart ?
    http://sprintsystems.com/time-charts/

dosilverhalide:
    if you still want to get sprint chemistry,
    you can buy it online ! i think they are an apug sponsor too

have fun!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea I was in a school darkroom that was the same.
    Sprint standard I was told (never saw a formula) is similar to D76 and works great.

I think the idea is that dilutions are mostly 1 to 9 across most of the products and some are a little easier on the environment and your skin. I seem to remember something was fragranced with vanilla??
    Last edited by brucemuir; 06-05-2013 at 09:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting! I only have experience using Ilford Fixer, so I'm curious to see what the differences are. And anything that resembles D76 is something I'm excited about! I never had a chance to use it myself, so this is going to be fun!

I'll also take a look at that developing chart, it can't hurt to have a jump on the competition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They have a fair website with MSDS fro most of their line.

http://sprintsystems.com/

Mmmm, no metol in their Sprint Standard....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was closer to them and could get them easily, I used their stop and fixer with Ilford multigrade developer. The stop is what's vanilla scented and I miss it! I've had good results with their chemicals. In fact, I would only use their developer for HIE. I can't say I've done any actual testing with anything else, though.
    I also remember hearing their film developer was similar to D-76, but that may have referred to results rather than formula. I thought it worked pretty well at the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea. I always like it for the ease of use and convenience of the liquids and they all are one to nine so it was easy to remember.

In fact I still use the concentrate bottles to store my mixed up D76 working solution .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Results similar to D76 is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't shoot often enough at home to warrant making a large batch that's only one time use. Generally, I shoot a roll probably every few weeks. Still, though, I've always wanted that classic D76 smoothness in my shots. Can't wait to try it.

Never done real prints before, either, so I expect this will yield me some good results. Now to choose a photopaper!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kchoquette View Post
    Results similar to D76 is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't shoot often enough at home to warrant making a large batch that's only one time use. Generally, I shoot a roll probably every few weeks. Still, though, I've always wanted that classic D76 smoothness in my shots. Can't wait to try it.

Never done real prints before, either, so I expect this will yield me some good results. Now to choose a photopaper!
    i have never used d76, but from what i have been told, if you over developer film in d76 your highlights will block up
    when i use sprint film developer .. i regularly over develop and get wonderful unblocked film.

john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin