Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,570   Online: 799

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm

Why so quiet at Ilford ???

Hi All,
    The state of Ilford's restructuring has all gone very quiet for the last month - in fact since about the time there was a rumour that there would be an announcement in December. Is no news good news, or should the lack of information be viewed with suspicion? Anyone heard any updates or whispers?
    Best wishes,
    Steve

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Steve

I believe Ilford is producing material as I recieved chemicals and paper before christmas, One of the announcements I recieved was that a price increase was to be in effect Jan 17 05,
    Ilford is trying to bring product into NA , after a very trying period.
    I wish them good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not that I'm one to spread rumours, but the most recent whisper I've heard came from Roger Hicks over on photo.net: the powder developers may be un-discontinued.

Best,
    Helen

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    >>the powder developers may be un-discontinued.

Good news if it's true, and I love that expression "un-discontinued" !!!
    Best wishes,
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Usually when things go quiet like this it's for one of two reasons, the first is that nothings happening. The second is that talks are in progress and they don't want to wreck negotiations. Hopefully it's the second as no news is usually good news.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was in my dealer's yesterday and they have a whole wall of new paper supplies, and filters, which they were not able to get late last year.

the chemical question is still hanging in out there. i know those of use who use those products will be happy when we get the word. Either with joy or ..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ann, for the moment I'm just happy that I can get their films, papers and chemicals again. As long as the workers there and their families hear before we do (either way and not the norm in the UK) I'll be happy to wait for the news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Usually when things go quiet like this it's for one of two reasons, the first is that nothings happening. The second is that talks are in progress and they don't want to wreck negotiations. Hopefully it's the second as no news is usually good news.
    I agree with that assessment, Tony. But, for what it's worth, I know nothing, and can't say anything about it.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds good to me Ralph, I'm sure we will find out soon enough. As they say until then the show must go on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From our Dutch correspondent: Plenty of HP5 and FP4, no Pan F. Very little Multigrade paper. No chemicals.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin