Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,262   Online: 827

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format

New Canadian source for B&W film, paper & chems

I'm not sure if this sub-forum is the right place for this, but there is a new Quebec-based distributor of all things B&W, which should be a boon for us in Canada (low shipping rates, no Duty).

I've emailed Jacques at Argentix a few times, and he is committed to supplying film (up to 8x10), paper, and chemicals for the long haul; his prices are eminently reasonable.

www.argentix.ca

I'm posting this because there are so few willing to take up distribution of what has become a niche market, so Argentix, as well as the film/paper/chem makers, deserve our support.

Mods, please let me know if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ari; 06-08-2013 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good selection of B&W materials (sans Kodak); I will give the folks a shot when my HP5 stash draws down...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Good day BradleyK, and all of you APUGers!

I'm presently using an old APUG screen-name, but I will start it up again under ArgentixCa tomorrow.

As I stated in another large format forum, I want to hear from you all.
    I need to know what brands, formats and speed are on top of your lists to provide you what is wanted.

I don't want to push stuff you will not use. The brands you see today on my site are to be there tomorrow (unless another Croatian syndrome strikes again...).

Thanks for helping me help you!

Jacques

My website is under surgery at present-time and something new will appear every week for the next few months.
    Film is cheap and time goes by. Stop talking. Start shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have 100' rolls of Kentmere 100 That's enough to get an order from me twice a year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Jacques,

Great initiative! Good to see that you sell Adox and Legacy Pro products. I'm interested in Adox MCP312 and Adox Fine Print Variotone Warmton Fb paper 8x10, 11x14/12x16 and 16x20. With respect to chemicals, it would be nice if you could sell the Legacy Eco Pro paper developer and some brown toners (Moersch). These are all difficult/expensive to order form the US to Canada. Can't ship it by airmail, stores refuse to send it internationally etc. And they're currently not available in Canada. I'll keep checking your website.

Menno

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great news for us canucks! I will check your site later today.

Will you have some form of physical store for us quebecers that live near Racine?

Shooter
    35mm
    Goodday spijker!
    Coming back to you soon about your wish-list.
    At first sight, there are no problems with these items.

Jacques
    jacques@argentix.ca
    http://www.argentix.ca

Film can be tested; not time. Stop talking and start shooting...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jacques, I just got a supply of Adox paper and chemicals from Freestyle so there's no rush for that. But in the future I'd rather order closer to home as Freestyle's shipping charges to Canada are high and I find picking it up from the UPS store in Ogdensburg NY a hassle. Oh, I'd like to add Eco Pro Hypo Wash to the wishlist. :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Will you be selling Ilford Fiber paper in 11X14 16X20 and 20X24? Thanks, Don

Shooter
    35mm
    For Ilford Paper, it is not impossible.

I presently screen all the wish lists from you guys and rest assured you will have a follow-up on it.
    jacques@argentix.ca
    http://www.argentix.ca

Film can be tested; not time. Stop talking and start shooting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin