Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,488   Online: 922

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Ektaflo Developer Type 1

I've been going through a pile of stuff I acquired from a camera store that closed last October. Unfortunately, I have several small piles throughout the house, so I keep rediscovering what I'd purchased. It was all inexpensive, so if something isn't good, I didn't really waste much money.

I have an unopened cube of Kodak Ektaflo Type 1. I've no idea how old it is and cannot find much information on the web. When the time comes to print, I'm pretty sure I can test it well enough to know if it should be dumped (and I have fresh Kodak Dektol and Ilford Multigrade as well, so I won't be in a bad spot).

In the unlikely event it is usable, can anyone tell me anything about it such as dilution, characteristics, et cetera?

P.S.
    Typos annoy me, can I edit the thread title?
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak Ektaflo Type 1 what?

The Ektaflo chemistry included developer, stop bath and fixer.

If it is stop bath, you are now set for life!

And you cannot edit a thread title, but a moderator can - just "Report" your own post by clicking on the ! inside the triangle at the bottom left corner of your post, and then type out your request.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An old Kodak Darkroom Dataguide says to dilute Ektaflo developers 1:9. It also says that the shelf life is "indefinite in original sealed package." Other than that, you handle Ektaflo like Dektol, except that it has a bit greater capacity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, Ektaflo Type 1 developer for cold tone papers. One gallon. I finally pulled the box out enough to read it and found a dilution of 1:9.
    The box also states "When mixed as recommended, the resulting developer is similar to a 1:2 dilution of Kodak Dektol stock solution." So I guess that answers a bit for me.
    I've not opened the box yet, so it could be half-crystalized for all I know.

The only printing I've done was in a university darkroom; the chemicals were all mixed for us.

I'm not sure a typo is worth bothering a moderator for
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The developer might be fine and if it is, you won't run out for a long time.

As it is paper developer, it cannot hurt to try.

And I "bothered" the moderators for you
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin