Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,670   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundloop View Post
    Thanks, a few different approaches to try, and all good information. @Matt, how much do you extend development by the second time using the developer? Also, out of the original 1 litre there will be some loss of volume (developer retained in the paper, stuck to the drum and light trap etc.). Does it make sense to pour off some of the used developer to make the replenishment amount the same each session?
    XTOL instructions clearly explain how to replenish XTOL. There are no mysteries.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    XTOL instructions clearly explain how to replenish XTOL. There are no mysteries.
    Ah, the mysterious XTOL print developer - I thought its secrets had been lost forever
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have used a unicolor drum for 11x14 inch prints. In some ways it is more pleasant to processve prints this way. The disadvantage is you waste more paper as you don't see the print developing. I found I lost print developer reliability on the 3rd print. Forgot precisely the amount of stock solution I was using....maybe 5 oz of LPD mixed 1:3. Final wash in a tray. I always worried the drum end cap would dislodge resulting in a spill. I migrated to using a single tray method for 11x14s.
    RJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin