Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,069   Online: 932

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is important to remember that Kodak is no longer acting as its own distributor for many of their products. It may be that there is a distributor out there who came upon a bunch of material with this expiry date.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    I believe Agfa stored their uncut rolls at -10C. For shorter storage any refrigerator set to a temperature for proper food storage 0C to 4C should be OK.
    -26°C

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    -26°C
    For Food refrigerator are nominally at 4C while home freezers tend to be set at -18. So -26 would likely be the limit of what a home freezer could achieve should you want to emulate AGFA's Practice..
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    -26°C
    Its been awhile since I read an article on Agfa. I do remember a temperature of -10C being given. A temperature of -26C seems rather low to maintain and still watch the bottom line. The lower one goes below 0C the more electricity that is needed and the relationship is not a linear one. Below freezing cosmic rays and background radiation become a greater problem.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    . Below freezing cosmic rays and background radiation become a greater problem.
    Just for clarification. I think you are saying that cosmic rays and background radiation become a greater problem in comparative terms and effectively outweigh any improvement in a lower deterioration rate that below freezing temperature can produce. So the improvement in lowering deterioration at -26 compared to -18 is minimal and the main causes of deterioration are cosmic rays and background radiation.

You are not saying that below freezing actually increases the effect of cosmic rays and background radiation? Thanks

pentaxuser

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin