Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,773   Online: 823

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I grabbed 1 roll as well hard to pass up at that price. Sellers Ebay said 2 rolls are still available after my purchase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At $45 a 100ft roll expired roll, you can get 18-20 rolls of 36exp out of it. 18rolls = $2.50 each, 20rolls = $2.25

Freestyle has pre-rolled arista premium at $2.89 a rolls of 36exp. $0.39 to $0.64 more expensive or 18 rolls for $52.02, 20 rolls at $57.80, a difference of $7.02 to $12.80.

Shipping is $5.80 for ebay seller, and $7.99 for freestyle, a difference of $2.19.

Pros of freestyle? fresh dated film with guarantee that it was stored correctly, saves you time from reloading, saves you buying re-loadable cassettes, and very low chances of getting your film scratched (if your reusing often and your felt has deteriorated). Plus you can usually get a 37th frame out, over 18-20 rolls and you got another free half a roll or so.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    All gone.....2500 feet a film gone like that....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    At $45 a 100ft roll expired roll, you can get 18-20 rolls of 36exp out of it. 18rolls = $2.50 each, 20rolls = $2.25

Freestyle has pre-rolled arista premium at $2.89 a rolls of 36exp. $0.39 to $0.64 more expensive or 18 rolls for $52.02, 20 rolls at $57.80, a difference of $7.02 to $12.80.

Shipping is $5.80 for ebay seller, and $7.99 for freestyle, a difference of $2.19.

Pros of freestyle? fresh dated film with guarantee that it was stored correctly, saves you time from reloading, saves you buying re-loadable cassettes, and very low chances of getting your film scratched (if your reusing often and your felt has deteriorated). Plus you can usually get a 37th frame out, over 18-20 rolls and you got another free half a roll or so.
    "Tri-X" crudely written on a scrap of masking tape stuck on a bulk roll is way cooler than rolls of.....Arista? What the heck is Arista? ;-)

Or:

"But this one goes to 11..."
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All gone and probably bought by members here! Wife sent me a message that my roll arrived today. Can't wait to load it up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by micwag2 View Post
    All gone and probably bought by members here! Wife sent me a message that my roll arrived today. Can't wait to load it up!
    To be thrown into our little film dorm freezers! I hope I have room. Guess time to shoot more... :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    "Tri-X" crudely written on a scrap of masking tape stuck on a bulk roll is way cooler than rolls of.....Arista? What the heck is Arista? ;-)

Or:

"But this one goes to 11..."
    Haha to each his own I guess. When it's in the camera no one sees it anyway. Arista premium is the last of tri-x, once freestyle finishes what they have Kodak won't supply it to them anymore. Ah also I forgot to mention dx-coded. I've rolled tons of film by hand and with bulk loaders, sometimes when the prices are this close it's just not worth the hassle, cleaning felt, taping, cranking, cutting leaders, and labeling.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I almost clicked the button to buy 10 rolls yesterday when I saw this post, but then I remembered that my freezer was full and there were already several bricks of films sitting outside of the freezer waiting for space...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Arista premium is the last of tri-x, once freestyle finishes what they have Kodak won't supply it to them anymore.
    Citation please.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Citation please.

s-a
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootf...7632777360474/

There was a small discussion here on apug awhile back as well but I didnt find it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin