Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,591   Online: 1118

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    S-A if you call FS they will confirm they will no longer carry the US supplied Arista Premium (aka Tri-X). Though when its all gone, I suppose it can be re-produced by say a company in UK or Japan, etc...
    Andy

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It should be clarified that this is specifically about arista premium as a private label of Tri-X and not 400tx itself. The AP thing is old news anyway, they announced it sometime last year.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea I think tri-x will be around as long as Kodak is, and probably even after in some form, as it's one of the most loved films that has ever been produced. Just this arista premium version won't be, a logical move by Kodak, as it's half the price of kodaks official rolls, but a terrible thing for people and programs that depend on these lower prices. My film and darkroom budget hasn't increased for the classes I teach in the last 3 years, while these costs have gone up 30%. When the time comes I guess the students will learn on something like foma (bah!).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Yea I think tri-x will be around as long as Kodak is, and probably even after in some form, as it's one of the most loved films that has ever been produced. Just this arista premium version won't be, a logical move by Kodak, as it's half the price of kodaks official rolls, but a terrible thing for people and programs that depend on these lower prices. My film and darkroom budget hasn't increased for the classes I teach in the last 3 years, while these costs have gone up 30%. When the time comes I guess the students will learn on something like foma (bah!).
    Thanks! I was surprised to see "Arista premium is the last of tri-x..." in your earlier post upthread. Wondered if I had missed the apocalypse.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin