Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,007   Online: 705

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Here's the video I made to go with the test.

http://youtu.be/DO5iJXtv9Qc
    I've thankfully some time off today and was able to watch your film

You've such great enthusiasm for learning, testing and down-right-photographic-chemistry-fun!

All APUG'rs should watch Ming Rider's video. His enthusiasm and diligence to learning is fun to take in.

Plus you get to see a neat chicken-coop-darkroom!

I've a bunch of bulk HP5+ that I am interested to try out with the 1:100-Rodinal-salt-bath-stand-method

Like Thomas cautions, sure the negs look different, but many want to know, how do they (salted negs) print?

You are going to make 4 prints from these negs and post that video/result; aren't ya
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grain is a gift, I do not understand why we try to reduce it.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Andy and delighted you found the video entertaining.

Yep, I will be doing the prints in the next few days and will of course video every step and the results.

P.S. The good lady wife originally wanted me to convert an old outside toilet into the darkroom. Luckily she listened to common sense, or I would be welcoming viewers to 'The Toilet' (or The John)
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    P.S. The good lady wife originally wanted me to convert an old outside toilet into the darkroom.
    You could convert it to archival washing and call it the Niagara method. Those old outside toilets usually had a 3 gallon cistern about 8 feet off the ground so one pull of the chain and you got a biblical flood

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    You could convert it to archival washing and call it the Niagara method. Those old outside toilets usually had a 3 gallon cistern about 8 feet off the ground so one pull of the chain and you got a biblical flood

pentaxuser
    Lol. I know what you mean, though there would be so much force, it would probably strip the emulsion clean-off the negative!!!
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm
    On a more serious note I too enjoyed your video and look forward to your prints. On stand development all I can say is that your neg appears to have had none of the drawbacks cited by those who regard it as a best a risky process with notable problems.

If your scans of the negs as positives reflect what the subsequent prints will look like then either you were very lucky with stand development or just maybe it works.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    . . . then either you were very lucky with stand development or just maybe it works.

pentaxuser
    Very lucky 'twice'. 1:100 and 1:100 Salt.

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Instead of trying various things to make Rodinal behave in an uncharacteristic way, why not just use a fine grain developer to start with. When you modify Rodinal it ceases to be Rodinal and the properties that people are so intent on retaining are lost.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Instead of trying various things to make Rodinal behave in an uncharacteristic way, why not just use a fine grain developer to start with. When you modify Rodinal it ceases to be Rodinal and the properties that people are so intent on retaining are lost.
    Now why didn't I say something brilliant like that? Oh, I did. Agreed. But since I enrolled on here, I came to note that Rodinal has its fans. Some things defy understanding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Now why didn't I say something brilliant like that? Oh, I did.
    Yes you did, however it has been my experience on APUG that people skim the posts. Important things need to be said more than once for them to sink in. As far as devotion to Rodinal is concerned you will hear mention of the Church of Rodinal in older posts.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin