Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,783   Online: 894

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The problem with rodinal is that newbies get brainwashed by other bewbies about how it's magical as a stand developer. There's so much BS conceptions flying around and when someone experienced and reasonable gives PROPER advice, he is automatically called a troll by the... Unexperienced.

Personally, I like rodinal with Hp5. The grain is just beautiful! Apx100, tmax100, fp4, plus-X...
    Don't we hate digital because of the lifeless, ugly and super clean files? Give me grain!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Edited quote.

The problem with _________ is that newbies get brainwashed by other bewbies about how it's magical as _______.
    Just fill in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Don't we hate digital(?)
    No, this just isn't where we talk about it.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The problem with rodinal is that newbies get brainwashed by other bewbies about how it's magical as a stand developer. There's so much BS conceptions flying around and when someone experienced and reasonable gives PROPER advice, he is automatically called a troll by the... Unexperienced.

Personally, I like rodinal with Hp5. The grain is just beautiful! Apx100, tmax100, fp4, plus-X...
    Don't we hate digital because of the lifeless, ugly and super clean files? Give me grain!
    Have you watched the OP's video, he's hardly a newbie....

Why do we always have the "council" who interject that deviating from manufacture's standards will cause the destruction of analog photography.

Sir Alexander Fleming* my friends.....

...observed that colonies of the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus could be destroyed by the mold Penicillium notatum
    Last edited by zsas; 06-29-2013 at 12:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The beauty of forums is that someone can ask a question and receive a wide variety of ideas and opinions.

That's why I asked the question in the first place and that's why I took those ideas (except the different films/developers) and put them into a single experiment, so that I and others could see what did what.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm gonna baseline this thread, OP has a ton'a HP5+ and Rodinal, he wants less grain, he tried adding salt and that didnt affect the grain, though he did notice that the 1:100 stand dev with salt achieved a result that he preferred. He's going to print it and see if it meets his needs. If the grain is not what the OP desires oh well, I am sure he will move to a different dev....

Why all the Debbie Downers here? Seems to me the OP is having fun and sharing which studies show are both highly correlated to happiness.....
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Not talking about the op. I was talking about the rodinal-stand-developmrnt internet hype which, yes, is hyped up by newbs most of the time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Didn't the OP just prove your point, he said, and I quote:

Both the standard 1:25 and 1:100 appear to make similar images
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me for example was quite scared about any agitation scheme when I first start developing of my own. So I naturally felt stand development was more comfortable.

After a while you may realize that you don't belong to extreme contrast taming culture.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Am I the only one who sees uneven development in the 4th image? (1:100+salt). Right hand side. A less busy subject will show that even more. Stand and semi-stand is risky that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Definitely lighter to the right.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin