Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,724   Online: 848
      
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 202
  1. #151
    Chris Lange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    734
    Images
    32
    What's funny is how much strife is created over a bottle of red / brownish stuff.

    NB23, dude, chill the fuck out, Ansel isn't a demi-god, and no he didn't get famous by shooting junk food, but Martin Parr certainly did.

    Viridari, congrats on the 23CII, keep at it, and make sure to break some of those cardinal darkroom rules here and there. They're boring.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

    or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

  2. #152
    Chris Lange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    734
    Images
    32
    And, if i might add, before this thread should just die already, I'll put forth a quiz.

    I'll give 6 months of renewed APUG subscription to the first person to tell me which image was made on a Rodinal neg, an AB55 neg, an Xtol neg, and a D76 neg. You know, since it's so plainly easy to tell which developer does what.


    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

    or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

  3. #153
    baachitraka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bremen, Germany.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,215
    1 - Rodinal.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    689
    Give me the negs or a proper print of each of those images and I'll give you the right answers.
    For all I know, these scans could all be lightroomed and silverefex'd from
    A P&S. If you are really serious about it and not just smartarsing us, I will PM you my address for you to send me the negs/prints. It will then be my pleasure to play.
    Thanks.

  5. #155
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    11,996
    Images
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    And, if i might add, before this thread should just die already, I'll put forth a quiz.

    I'll give 6 months of renewed APUG subscription to the first person to tell me which image was made on a Rodinal neg, an AB55 neg, an Xtol neg, and a D76 neg. You know, since it's so plainly easy to tell which developer does what.
    It is a trick question. None of the images came from "a Rodinal neg, an AB55 neg, an Xtol neg, and a D76 neg".

    You probably used only one developer at a time for each of the images.

    Irritating pedantry aside, well done viridari.

    I expect I would enjoy a spirited discussion with you about the pros and cons of stand development. Personally, I am not a convert for general use of the technique, but I would be happy to hear your arguments for it, especially if some photographs are involved.
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  6. #156
    Toffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Point Pelee, ON, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,785
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Give me the negs or a proper print of each of those images and I'll give you the right answers.
    For all I know, these scans could all be lightroomed and silverefex'd from
    A P&S. If you are really serious about it and not just smartarsing us, I will PM you my address for you to send me the negs/prints. It will then be my pleasure to play.
    Thanks.
    I swear, there is something in the APUG water lately that is making people really grumpy. I would hate to imagine what a neophyte would think had they asked such an innocent question as to how to maximize results from a given film/developer combination. We are doing more harm than good for the film community by making personal attacks on someone who is not only curious enough to ask a question, but motivated to do some serious testing of a hyphothesis. It is far below us to cast personal aspersions on someone for simply having a different workflow than we ourselves are accustomed to using.

    Many of the great European photographers made their names documenting life in sidewalk cafes and hole-in-the-wall restaurants, but it is below us to take a picture in an American fast food restaurant? Really? As for stand or semi-stand development, there are numerous threads here on APUG in which these processes are discussed in great detail, and with respect for the photographers using these processes. Why choose this discussion to denigrate someone for using the process?

    Why is it necessary that the OP proves that his process is not digitally adulterated? Is his word not good enough for you?

    The film photography community should be positive and supportive. This kind of personal attack is below us. Go take some pictures, for goodness sake, and don't come back until you feel you can be civil.

    Regards,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

    Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

    http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com


  7. #157
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,959
    Images
    74
    Standing ovation Tom....

    The water seems to be filled with skunked beer or something I swear too!

    I admire the OP for bringing up a topic, that is what a community is for, to talk....

    If we all sat around and said, "It's been done, just check the great texts (aka archives)." Then why the heck is this a FORUM?! He...

    I don't get it either. Though I don't agree with stand, I even tried to mirror the OP's process, just to give his theory a check, posted my results, instead of dismissing him.

    Talk folks! As Tom says, give each other the same benefit that you'd give em if you were sharing a pizza and a drink shooting the breeze....just don't drink and bring here a skunked drink, sour and bitter...heeee
    Andy

  8. #158
    TheToadMen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Netherlands, Europe
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    1,188
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I swear, there is something in the APUG water lately that is making people really grumpy. I would hate to imagine what a neophyte would think had they asked such an innocent question as to how to maximize results from a given film/developer combination. We are doing more harm than good for the film community by making personal attacks on someone who is not only curious enough to ask a question, but motivated to do some serious testing of a hyphothesis. It is far below us to cast personal aspersions on someone for simply having a different workflow than we ourselves are accustomed to using.

    Many of the great European photographers made their names documenting life in sidewalk cafes and hole-in-the-wall restaurants, but it is below us to take a picture in an American fast food restaurant? Really? As for stand or semi-stand development, there are numerous threads here on APUG in which these processes are discussed in great detail, and with respect for the photographers using these processes. Why choose this discussion to denigrate someone for using the process?

    Why is it necessary that the OP proves that his process is not digitally adulterated? Is his word not good enough for you?

    The film photography community should be positive and supportive. This kind of personal attack is below us. Go take some pictures, for goodness sake, and don't come back until you feel you can be civil.

    Regards,
    Tom
    +1

    Thank you, Tom.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup


    * I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

  9. #159
    Truzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I swear, there is something in the APUG water lately that is making people really grumpy...
    I agree. I was even considering a thread on the subject. The past couple months seem to have had a very adversarial tone in general on the forum. It's one thing to debate and disagree, and another to argue and insult.
    Truzi

  10. #160
    mrred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    651
    Images
    4
    Maybe it's just time to turn on the light and open the door to get outside for some fresh air. I recommend shooting (hand held) with the bulkiest camera we have for exercise.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin