Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,482   Online: 914

Thread: Kentmore Film

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Kentmore Film

For reasons only known to the film gods I am starting to have problems getting Ilford Delta 100 as of late in the Ottawa area. I know one shop that seems to have it, but it is a pain in the backside for me to get to. Just saw a guy who ships and has Kentmore 100 in 100 foot rolls. Would have to buy a bulk loader and a few cassettes but that is doable. Really would like to know how Kentmore stacks up against Ilford delta. Thanks, Don

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "kentmere" ..it doesn't. But, for negs it's similar to FP4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a traditional grain, more like FP4 than like the Delta films. I shot a few rolls of it and felt that it wasn't *bad*, but inferior to FP4+ across the board.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not bad, but it's not delta. And you don't really need a bulk loader, but they are cheap enough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find the kentmere 100 and 400 films are good traditional films. Both works fine with Rodinal.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Canada I found the price difference did not match the quality difference. Kentmere $40 or FP4 $48. The $8 difference was money well spent.

Shooter
    35mm
    the folk at http://www.argentix.ca/ have the delta 100 in 100 ft rolls for 82.99 CDN. henrys wants 84.99.

Henrys will aos sell the delta 100 36 rolls ( http://www.henrys.com/9428-ILFORD-DE...-36-BOXED.aspx ) at 7.99. 18 rolls at 7.99 is 145 dollars worth so bulk loading is a slight savings.

The Henrys site shows some delta 100 36 exposure in stock in the Kanata store which would be the closest to pakenham. I find that it always worthwhile to call ahead for film these days as to a place like Henry's ten rolls is a LOT of stock. Obviously unless you are in town already, the postage would be cheaper than the gas to drive into town. If you call and ask they will get stock in for you but the get their main shipment once a week.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    In Canada I found the price difference did not match the quality difference. Kentmere $40 or FP4 $48. The $8 difference was money well spent.

48$ ??? Where??

Kentmere 100 and 400 are good films. But FP4 is Awesome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adorama... If you order a big order (+- $200) the shipping $$ is not all that extreme. I can order from NY and receive cheaper shipping than from California. Shipping to the west coast of Canada.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 06-30-2013 at 11:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks to all. Think I will stick to my Delta 100. After all, film is the cornerstone of any image. Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin