Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,224   Online: 796

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Plastic reels
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Never squeegee film, period. Not with your fingers, not with anything. The last step should be soaking your film in distilled water with a bit of Photo-Flo or some sort of wetting agent for a minute or two before hanging to dry. Be careful not to use too much Photo-Flo... error on the short side when mixing.
    The last step could be distilled or deionized water, no Photo-Flo or wetting agent required.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clean the hell our of your reels. Really. Make sure they are COMPLETELY dry before you load them, always. Sacrifice an unexposed roll (or one of these damaged rolls) and practice loading them again. Make certain everything looks right. Use a flashlight and check to see the rolls are not touching. As mentioned, check for burs on your reels as well as your 35mm camera and your 120 back.

It looks like you've got a couple issues going on here. Stop developing film from your trip. Photograph something you don't care about and get things worked out with that film before you start working on your important film again. This last part is the most important. Trust me. I've been there and I understand....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been washing the reels with every time after processing. Maybe not enough it seems.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep the faith, man! You'll get it figured out. Just keep ruling out variables one at a time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using Edwal LFN for a few decades, never any issues. I switched from photoflo because it was gumming my reels unless I scrubbed them after use. My formula is two drops LFN per liter distilled water, plus one capfull 91% isopropyl alcohol to speed drying. I also shake excess rinse from reel before hanging film to dry, no spotting or streaks ever.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now for the question that I hate to ask because I think I already know the answer. But is there anything that can be done a bout the marks after the fact or is it a done deal? I am talking about the streaks not the edges. I already know what that is from.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm going to vote for your squeegee technique causing these streaks. It's way too consistent to be a development problem,or caused by the reels - issues with contamination from unwashed Photo-Flo would look more like the swirly bubbles on the edge of the roll than uniform vertical streaks running parallel to the long axis of the roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    Now for the question that I hate to ask because I think I already know the answer. But is there anything that can be done a bout the marks after the fact or is it a done deal? I am talking about the streaks not the edges. I already know what that is from.
    You can try this
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/541512...o-Scratch-1-oz.
    Some times, just some oils from your nose on a scratch(emulsion side) can hide it good enough for small prints.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I am using a diffusion enlarger head so I don't feel too terrible at the moment. These are the most affected. I remember last semester I had some scratched negatives. I printed them at school on a condenser enlarger. They looked awful. Later I printed them at home on my enlarger and most of the scratches didn't show up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin