Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,839   Online: 1061

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format

New Update. Not straches

Earlier I looked at the negatives and the issue appeared to be scratches, which they do appear that way. However, I rewashed the negatives. I used Edwal LFN as the wetting agent and did not squeegee the negatives. The streaks are now gone. It appears to have been something that got on the film when I squeegeed them with my fingers. I also did a major cleaning of my film reels.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just do not touch the film when it's wet. There's no need for this and it's not going to dry any faster either way.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For cleaning reels, tanks, etc, I've turned to the family dishwashing machine. I've encountered no problems, and the detergent is able to reach tiny crevices that often elude brushes. And the whole process is effortless; I would recommend the upper rack, and air, versus heated drying, especially for plastic reels. For stainless, no worries about overheating. The dishwasher rinse aid might even sub for PhotoFlow, but I'm not gonna try!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    Earlier I looked at the negatives and the issue appeared to be scratches, which they do appear that way. However, I rewashed the negatives. I used Edwal LFN as the wetting agent and did not squeegee the negatives. The streaks are now gone. It appears to have been something that got on the film when I squeegeed them with my fingers. I also did a major cleaning of my film reels.
    That is excellent news.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin