Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,684   Online: 735

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kentmere USA?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Luminos/Kentmere

Anyone looking for the graded or otherwise might do well to call Adorama or B+H in NYC. They were retailers for Luminos and just might have leftover stock.
    Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kentmere in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    ..snip...
    So , I do hope a reseller for Kentmere
    will open up on the east coast (nothing wrong with freestyle) but they are 3900 miles from my shop.
    Maybe they should be talking to Fotospeed and Sterling and Kentmere ,because I do like these products form the UK but not at the prices expected from one small Lab here in Toronto.
    So any way Les, if you have any pull with these three companys, let them know there is a market for their products here , just make sure all three are represented by a east coast and west coast distributer and they would do well.

Add another vote for distribution in Canada (or close). I've wished to try these papers and the lith developer Bob speaks of but the price has put me off for now.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a quick FYI...Kentmere papers have started showing up on the Freestyle site.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

While I do my best to support the Canadian distributor, paper can be ordered direct from Kentmere and it takes less time than mailing across NA.
    I see the USA site lists graded Bromide in several grades. Kentmere's own site lists only one grade. Something does not add up.
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac
    Someone will have to enlighten me as to the reason for so much salivating.

Was Luminous really that good a paper? I am probably hugely ignorant, but always thought it was a "poor cousin" alternative to such true luminaries as Seagull, etc. Has Kentmere come out with a premium line now?

In other words, what is there about this Kentmere that would have me trading in (or adding to) my Agfa MCC?

Larry
    Depends... Kentmere have always had "premium" paper (Bromide, Kentona, Art Document/Classic etc) - possibly Luminous did not stock the full range of Kentmere paper? I've no idea. Have a look at the Kentmere site - may be something of interest to you, may be not. ..

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    While I do my best to support the Canadian distributor, paper can be ordered direct from Kentmere and it takes less time than mailing across NA.
    I see the USA site lists graded Bromide in several grades. Kentmere's own site lists only one grade. Something does not add up.
    There are some inconsistancies on Kentmere's UK site.

The paper section say's Bromide is available in 'Glossy, grade 2, Double weight only.

The data sheet section for Bromide say's 'Glossy, Stipple and Matt, Grades 1 - 4, Single and Double weight'.

I can only assume that some parts of the site have not been updated yet?

Barry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin