Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,931   Online: 819

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used delta 3200 a lot for natural light portrait work.

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=17089

It DOES have a disconcerting amount of base fog. Try to print your negatives before you give up on them.
    As others have said, shoot at 1600 and develop at times recommended for 3200. DDX works great for this film. I scored many bottles of the stock at a low low price when the local college stopped offering darkroom courses. DO NOT use Rodinal unless you want golf ball sized grain. I've never tried HC110 with this film, but I'd be hesitant.

You've got the film, so you might as well play with it. Don't shoot a wedding, your favorite rock star, or a precious newborn with it until you are happy with results from at least a couple of rolls just shot around the house.

Have fun!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see the OP is a member, and so unable to access the galleries (being a suscriber is definately worth it!).

Here is another Delta 3200 image, taken this spring of my granddaughter, playing with my new 250mm lens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annina printing.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	71105

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear jensenhallstrom,

Good news, your film is probably fine. Take snip an inch or so off the end of a new roll and put it directly into your fixer until it is clear. Rinse and dry it and you will see that it is not as clear as you will find for slower films, particularly Delta 100 or T-Max 100.

There are lots of good books out there, but my suggestion is to stay simple for now and sign up for that class as soon as you can.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    I see the OP is a member, and so unable to access the galleries (being a suscriber is definately worth it!).

Here is another Delta 3200 image, taken this spring of my granddaughter, playing with my new 250mm lens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annina printing.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	71105

Your photograph is a beautiful vision of what id like to get out of delta 3200. Thanks for your example.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear jensenhallstrom,

Good news, your film is probably fine. Take snip an inch or so off the end of a new roll and put it directly into your fixer until it is clear. Rinse and dry it and you will see that it is not as clear as you will find for slower films, particularly Delta 100 or T-Max 100.

There are lots of good books out there, but my suggestion is to stay simple for now and sign up for that class as soon as you can.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Neal Wydra
    thank you, i feel like i just need to experiment more as everybody is saying. Thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you everybody for your input! Ill experiment some more. (:
    also, happy fourth of july!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    These are both Delta3200 in DD-X

The Colorado river / Grand Canyon image had a red filter and a tripod, the "more cowbell" shot was handheld.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin