Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,358   Online: 1190

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something like that, I use arm and hammer washing soda
    And I have sodium bisulfite from walmart pool dept.

Have access to a lot of Erythorbic acid from the lab (used for meat processing), but not benzo
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Morten has cracked the Delta 3200 by shooting at Agfa times - Shoot at 1600 soup for 3200; shoot at 3200 soup for 6400. I've tried it and have some very nice negs.
    This a VERY nice rule...Maybe a trial with Delta 400 is coming soon (shot @ 400, deved @ 800). I haven't done this film in Rodinal for some time, so it would be interesting

Shooter
    35mm

Delta 400 and Rodinal

Quote Originally Posted by thefizz
    I am trying out Delta 400 in Rodinal for the first time and want to know if I can trust the developing info provided by Ilford, i.e., 1:25 at 20C for 9 minutes.

I recently had the problem of thin negs when developing Delta 3200 in Rodinal as per Ilford instructions so will I have a similar problem with Delta 400.

Regards,
    Peter
    I have only just joined this site, having had exactly the problems exactly you anticipate with D 400. I shot a roll of D400 at a christening. I used a 1:50 dilution and the times Ilford recommend for rotary processing for D400 and Rodinal. The indoor negs were very thin and quite grainy although the outside shots were better albeit still a little thin. I wrote to Ed Buffalo at unblinkingeye.com. His recommendations were to rate D400 at 200 and use a minimum of 5mls of Rodinal to achieve a ratio of 1:50. I had processed in a Jobo rotary processor which he said probably accounted for the grain due to extra agitation as well as destroying the edge effect renown with Rodinal. So a hand tank is the preferred option with Agfa's recommended agitation.

The Agfa processing times suggest rating D400 at 250 but Ed favours 200 and he appears to be the king of Rodinal so should know what he is talking about.

As I have yet to put Ed's recommendations into practice and your post is a few months old I would appreciate hearing how you got on with Delta 400 and Rodinal assuming you have now tried it. It may help me when I next load D400

Thanks

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    This a VERY nice rule...Maybe a trial with Delta 400 is coming soon (shot @ 400, deved @ 800). I haven't done this film in Rodinal for some time, so it would be interesting
    Just a thought, Morten; not sure about Rodinal but in DD-X Ilford's recommendation of ISO 500 and 9 mins works really nicely for me!

Shooter
    35mm

Delta 400 and Rodinal

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Just a thought, Morten; not sure about Rodinal but in DD-X Ilford's recommendation of ISO 500 and 9 mins works really nicely for me!
    Having seen your reply led me to 3 pages worth of this thread in varying guises. I am sure I hadn't seen all of these replies before. Maybe as a newcomer I haven't fully worked out how to navigate this site properly.One reply gave a digitaltruth site for combinations of film and rodinal. B Very useful. However most of the info agreed almost exactly with Ilford's own info on the combination of D400 with Rodinal which was what I used but got thin negs. However the Agfa site mentioned by Ed Buffalo at unblinkingeye is different in 2 respects.
    1). It makes no mention of rating D400 at anything but 250 which is close to Ed Buffalo's rating of 200 and the tank/ hand agitation is 18mins at ISO 250 whereas the digitaltruth site gives 17mins.

Maybe that one extra minute is key or at least it is worth erring on the side of lengthening development.

The other explanation for my difficulties is that I have always produced over contrasty negs using ID11 without realising it( perfectly possible without other printers to compare notes with) and my negs in Rodinal are normal. However if this was the case then I'd have expected my analyser to have indicated mainly grade 1 prints with ID11 negs and this hasn't been the case.Most of my rodinal negs needed grade 4 which is a first for me.

So still can't reconcile all my evidence but have probably got as far as I can until I try again.

Pentaxuser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin